Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Attempt at a Gingerbread House




Today my daughters school had a turkey dinner/craft day. I'm not really supposed to be going out, but I snuck out for an hour because I didn't want her to be the only one without a parent there. Besides, I'm going stir crazy being cooped up in the house all the time. We had a nice time and the picture above is the final result of our ginger bread house. I think my daughter was a little embarrassed that this was the best I could do, but I've never been very crafty. Hey, I write books and play the violin. How much artistic ability can you expect in one person? Since taking this picture just a few hours ago the whole thing has already collapsed. I guess I should leave the ginger bread house making to my husband since he's a chef and a baker.

1 comments:

ikkinlala said...

Very cute!

I miss making gingerbread houses.