Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Husband's Art

I got my husband an easel and come charcoal for his birthday last month. He's been saying since we met that he wanted to get back to his artwork. He definitely loved the gift. Since then he's been spending every extra second sketching. Here is a sample. He drew this portrait of my son Frankie.









The sketching has lead to wood burning and now he's turned into something of a crafting lunatic. Every day he's hanging a new picture on the wall. This is fine and one of the things that I always loved about him is his artistic nature, but I'm starting to run out of room on the walls. LOL Here is a wood burning of the green man. He based it off himself in his young, dreadlock/hippie days.














He's hoping to master the wood burning and start selling things at the local farmers market and craft shows and maybe even online. I'd love any opinions of whether you think if would be worth the time to try. I have to do something with all this stuff!