Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Family Guy Volume Ten DVD Review

Get more Big Bang for your buck when you bring home this hilarious collection of 14 Family Guy episodes, in which Peter needs a new kidney, Lois becomes a boxing champ, Chris finds a new hobby, and Brian and Stewie unravel the space-time continuum in an effort to save the universe. Travel to a new cosmos of comedy with FAMILY GUY!
Street Date:                   September 25, 2012
Run Time:                     349 Minutes
MPAA Rating (USA):    NR (Not Rated)
Genre:                           Comedy
Audio:                            English: 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish: Dolby Surround,
                                      French: Dolby Surround
Language:                     Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Aspect Ratio:                 Widescreen: 1.78:1
Bonus Features:
Disc 1:
·         Deleted Scenes
·         Select Scene Animatic for Baby, You Knock Me Out
·         Behind the Music for Road to the North Pole
·         Audio Commentary on Halloween On Spooner Street
·         Audio Commentary on Brian Writes A Bestseller
·         Audio Commentary on Road to the North Pole
·         Audio Commentary on New Kidney in Town
Disc 2:
·         Deleted Scenes
·         Select Scene Animatic for Trading Places - Spitball Cow
·         Select Scene Animatic for Trading Places - Carter
·         Select Scene Animatic for German Guy
·         Audio Commentary on Trading Places
·         German Guy Fight Sequence
Disc 3:
·         Deleted Scenes
·         Adam West Star Ceremony
·         Audio Commentary on The Big Bang Theory
 
 
Where to buy

You can find Family Guy Volume Ten in stores nationwide. You can also order a copy of Amazon for only $

 My Thoughts

Family Guy has been of my husband's favorite shows for years. This of course means I have to watch it too. This type of slapstick humor isn't the type of show I would pick on my own, but it has its moments. I can always relate to the relationship with Stewey and his mother. I wonder sometimes if my son isn't trying the same things when I'm not looking. This season has a few glowing moments. There are fourteen episodes and lots of bonus footage. Mr. & Mrs. Stewey was probably my favorite episode in the collection. However, my husband and I both agree that the quality of the show has come down in the last few seasons. There is a lot of repetition and it just isn't as good as it used to be. That being said, its still worth the price and if you are a die hard fan like my husband, you won't want to miss out on this box set.  Otherwise, you can probably wait to catch the reruns in syndication.


 **Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way.***

0 comments: